Monday, 13 July 2009

MYC!!!!!! + monash (mainstream) + mission megumi

Back from MYC on Friday and can't believe that it's already over! Over the six days I learnt so much about the Holy Spirit!!! The talks really changed my understanding of the Holy Spirit and made me want to learn more about the bible and the language that was used in the original.

I'm so happy that my sister was able to go along too!!!!!!!!! When she said she didn't want to go to connexions back in april, I was a little annoyed because I had suggested she join student life at her uni but she wasn't involved at all. But God taught me to let go of that attitude of trying to control her and to just pray for her. I was so happy when I asked her if she wanted to go to MYC and she said yes. I think meeting a bunch of Christians from her uni and hearing about what Student Life is about has really changed how she thinks. Hopefully, MYC has changed how she spends her time at uni and her priorities.

and YAY got to see Shubo, Nobu, David and Anne! I remember after Beyond Brisbane we were saying see you at MYC!! Time has gone by so quickly. This year was probably my last MYC as well. At least as a student. :(

hmmm I feel sort of confused about the decision I made at the start of the year to stay in mainstream. I see the need in the mainstream ministry at monash, but at the same time I feel as though I don't really fit... It's a conflicting cultural identity issue and it's bugging me so much, because while I can't ignore the Australian part of me, I've realised what a big connection I have to the Asian side of me (which might be overpowering my aussieness). But the fact that I'm in my last semester and won't be at uni every week means that it's difficult for me to commit to anything at all. Makes me quite sad because I wanted to make the most of the last semester I have at uni. I don't know.

Anyway I'm preparing for Mission Megumi, the summer project to Japan (which will be in their winter). I mentioned it to my parents but their reaction was not ideal :( My dad questioned why I was thinking of going as if to say what point is there in you going? And then my mum reacted straight away to the whole money/support raising issue. She said she didn't like the asking for money thing from people at church to go on the project. I really can't understand why my parents who are Christians can't give me full support to go on this mission from the start. I can only pray that if it's God's will for me to go then I will gain 100% support from my parents because they are such a big part of my life and who I am today. I will update as more stuff happens. I know God will prepare the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment